Wow, I was pleasantly surprised to see I had been nominated for the Sisterhood-of-the-world-bloggers award by https://urologynurseuk.wordpress.com/2015/01/30/sisterhood-award/. Thank you for the nomination and as a relatively new blogger it is encouragement to keep writing. Something I have always loved. So Thank You!
So here are the Rules:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you, linking back to their site.
- Put the award logo on your blog.
- Answer the ten questions sent to you.
- Make up ten new questions for your nominees to answer.
- Nominate seven blogs.
These are the questions I got:
- What one thing about you are you most proud of?
Having the courage to finally start a travel blog. I had been toying with the idea for a long time and it was the best advice I received if I was serious about travel writing.
2 Where is your favourite place in the world?
Paris – it is such a magical city rich in culture and history. I love sitting in a cafe and just watch the city go by. Such an inspirational city.
3. If you’d trade a talent with a friend, what would it be and why?
Difficult question. I don;t think I would trade anything because I believe we are all unique and we have our own special gifts to give to this world.
4. What is your favourite movie and why?
Casablanca – Humphrey Bogart and Lauren Bacall’s love for each other off screen is portrayed so magically on screen. The ultimate struggle between loyalty and love.
5. If you could invent anything (other than a time machine|), what would it be and why?
Peace pills (uh – the only thing I could think of) – there is so much uncertainty in world right now so if we had to resort to a pill to encourage people to get along.
6. If you could be anyone in the world (dead or alive) for one day, who would it be?
Another tough one – the Australian Open womens finals has just finished here and after hearing Serena Williams’ speech I would have to nominate her. Coming from humble beginnings and working her way up to claim 19 championships, it is inspiring that if you put your mind to something you can achieve your dreams.
7. If you could have personally witnessed anything, what would it be?
London Olympic Games – to just be there in person and soak up the atmosphere and excitement would have been amazing. Next to Paris, I love visiting London.
8. If you had a brainwashing machine would you use it?
No. Tempting but to change someone will not change the way you feel. It is better to have an honest relationship than one that is built on manipulation.
9. Has anything ever happened to you that had no explanation
Not that I can recall, but I believe everything happens for a reason. Whether this be the places we go, the people we meet and the situations we come across. Someone will come into your life for a reason that is not always explained straight away.
10. What is the strangest thing you have ever eaten?
Travelling to different countries means trying new foods. The most memorable would be trying Frog Legs in France. Curious and scary when they are served, but they are actually very delicious. For anyone who has not tried them they can be likened to chicken.
I nominate (so hard to choose just a few) the following great blogs! Please tag me in your response.
Your questions are:
1. Who is the person that inspired you the most? Why?
2. Where do you source your inspiration from whether it be in life or writing?
3. If you could be any animal, what would it be and why?
4. Where is the place you feel the most content and what is it about this place that inspires that feeling?
5. What is your favourite colour and how does it inspire you?
6. If you could keep only five possessions what would they be?
7. What is your favourite memory and how has it inspired who you are today?
8. Name the food that makes you the happiest and why?
9. What is the last book that you read and how did it make you feel?
10. What do you see yourself doing 10 years from now?